Friday, December 2, 2011

Theron's sixth month



 I can't believe that Theron is already half a year old!  These past few months have flown by!

This month Theron started eating baby food!  It had been pretty interesting with the rice cereal and veggies.  We tried using just the bumbo, but he just hung over the side or folded himself in half leaning forward and it was impossible to get any food in his mouth.  We tried having Blake hold him up and me avoid his hands that were trying to grab the spoon to get the food in his mouth.  We shook a rattle over his head to get him to look up.  It was very interesting to say the least!  Then after using it for about a month and a half, my sister let us borrow her high chair.  So much easier!  He likes to bang a rattle on the tray while we shovel the mush in.  He is working his way through the veggies and will be moving on to the fruits in no time!

Theron is officially sleeping in his crib now!  Yay!!  Once he started eating cereal in the morning at daycare, he would get so full that after a few days of putting him in his crib for naps, he finally gave in and started napping in there.  So, after they started getting him to nap in his crib, we put him in his crib at night.  It took a few days for him to sleep soundly in there.  The first few nights he cried about every two hours because he would roll onto his tummy and then try to get himself back on his side, but couldn't.  He wouldn't actually wake up, but he would fuss and of course we would wake up.  The first couple of nights, I was so afraid he would stop breathing since he was rolling himself onto to his tummy, that I turned the monitor volume to full blast!  That didn't last too long, but I am so glad we have a video monitor!  It is the best investment ever.  Now he is the best sleeper and is still sleeping through the night.


I think Theron will be crawling pretty soon.  He is pushing himself up with straight arms and kicking his legs like a little frog and bouncing forward and backwards.  If only he could get his knees underneath him and his big belly off the floor!!  :)

Blake and I celebrated our eighth anniversary on November 8th. We have been together a total of 10 years now.  It seems like it has gone by so fast.  Our marriage keeps getting stronger as we experience more things together and learn more about each other.  We decided to spend our first night away from Theron and stay in a hotel in Dallas.  My mom and stepdad came up to watch him for the weekend and he was seriously so perfect for them!  We were only 30 minutes away and I typed up a six page booklet of instructions, but of course I still had to call every four hours or so!!  I am a freak, I know!  They had such a blast with him and it was good to sleep in on Sunday morning!

Blake and I out for our anniversary dinner at Truluck's

We celebrated Theron's first Thanksgiving this month.  I guess it's obvious what we are thankful for!  It was the first time that some of our family members met Theron and others hadn't seen him since he was 5 weeks old.  It takes him a little bit to warm up, but once he is comfortable, it is so easy to make him laugh.  He was just so laid back all weekend.  He was content playing on the floor or letting anyone hold him!  In Houston, my aunts were passing him around and loving it!  In Victoria, Granny and Aunt Carol were just eating him up!

Little turkey!
Who's got me?
Oh, it's aunt Rachael...let me grab her nose just to make sure
Grandpa BC
Aunt Margie...horrible photography though!!

Cousin Jamie...first time meeting!
Cousin Jessica
This is the most hilarious picture ever!!

Just talking man to man with Kyle

He loved Granny's button shirt!  She wore it just for him!

Aunt Carol is cracking me up!

He loves his Granny
Playing with daddy!
I swear when he sees a camera, he just freezes up!

We had Theron's 6 month checkup a couple of days ago.  He is 27.5 inches long (he slowed down in length) and he is 19.4 lbs.  He is really sturdy and super heavy now!  My one year old nephew, Luke, is 24 lbs!!  Only five more pounds than his 6 month old cousin!  Dang!  We got four yucky shots, but he was such a trooper and we don't have to go back until he is one year old!  Wow!!

And the baseball training has started!  :)

He enjoyed this ball more than I thought he would

Toy balls have been added to the Christmas list!


Just playing in the morning before daycare

Passed out from the car ride to Luke's birthday party

Hanging out with Grandma Cidda and Grandpa BC at Luke's birthday party
Jumping away in his jumper!  He is obsessed with it!

Cuteness!

Christmas card photo

Another Christmas card photo

We're loving every minute with our little man and can't wait until his first Christmas!

-MNM-






No comments:

Post a Comment